Carers - your health & wellbeing
Caring on any level is exhausting, both physically and emotionally.
• You might be sleep deprived because you are caring during the night as well as during the day
• You might be holding down a full-time job as well as caring for a loved one
• You might be juggling looking after other members of your family around other caring needs
• You might be experiencing stress, depression and other mental health issues due to the demands placed upon you
• You might be experiencing problems in your relationships; with your partner, family or friends
At the Beneficial Foundation, we hope to provide you with a little respite time. While we look after those in your care, you can look after yourself. Put simply, we want to ‘help the helpers’.
Our aims are to:
• provide you with time when you can mentally and physically refresh
• give you peace of mind that those in our care will experience something positive and safely whilst you are away
• free up some time for you to concentrate on other important matters, your family, your job, yourself